Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Ripple Effect

Today I had a bit of a reason to reflect. While standing at the door at work, I was greeted by several different members that recalled seeing me in the Fountain Valley warehouse. I get this on a regular basis as I am in a position to see lots of people in a day. Honestly I don't remember all of them but they all seem to remember me. I guess it's cuz there is only one of me and so many more of them. Today though I had a member tell me that he had missed seeing me at the door in Fountain Valley I guess I hadn't really thought about it. I felt that moving to the new location was a good move for me personally...I never really thought that the members might miss my friendly face at the door over there. It's like the pebble that when tossed in a pond sends out ripples in the water....I didn't realize that for the last 5.5 years I have been sending out my own little ripples into our Costco community. People expect to see me in Fountain Valley and now I am not there....and I am missed. Many have found me again in Huntington Beach and I am glad. I guess what all this rambling is about is the fact that I was just doing my job....but in the process I have effected the lives of others...way more than I ever realized....and in turn they have effected me.


1 comment: