Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Joyful Weekend

We had Jeremy and Holly here this weekend...it was so fun to have all my family under one roof. I was fortunate enough to find someone to take my shift on Saturday...the weather was perfect and Jeremy and Holly wanted to go down to Crystal Cove to the tide pools....so off we went. Of course with camera in tow. (pictures to follow) as we got down to the water, Jason became my "Rock" so to speak...he was great at helping me get from rock to rock without killing myself or tripping and falling. We all wandered around checking out the sea life, mostly hermit crabs. As I hung back and watched the boys interact with each other I couldn't help but smile. Jason has really missed having Jeremy around. Sure we text and we skype and we talk on the phone but theres nothing like hanging out with your family. I love that Holly just seems to fit right in with us....I guess that comes from growing up with lots of brothers. It made me grateful for a lot. Just watching them brought me joy. Of course I took lots of pictures. I think Jason has been practicing cuz I actually got some really good, NON-CHEESY smiles from him....I was very excited about that. Thanks to Jeremy's long arms we even got a photo of all five of us! I told them it might just be our Christmas Card photo. ha ha.

After we left Crystal Cove we headed to downtown Huntington Beach. We parked and walked out to Ruby's on the Pier.  There were lots of people on the beach enjoying the gorgeous weather....and a lot of construction down on the sand as the US Open of Surfing starts next Saturday. Ruby's wasn't crowded so we had an early lunch. I think we were all so hungry from all the hiking we did. While eating lunch the kids even saw some dolphins out in the ocean. It was a perfect way to end our little outting at the beach.

All too soon of course Jeremy and Holly had to go back to the heat and their home in Arizona...but I am so glad they came and hung out with us for a few days!

Cliff did a pretty good job on this one


Love this Man!

Jason' is getting the whole-smile-for-the-camera thing down!
 No cheese in this photo!

Love this one of My guys!


He's my ROCK! He has such an awesome grip when I am walking on slippery rocks!

He's King of the World.
Love how the wave crashed just as I was taking the photo

Another adorable smile!
My boy AND My girl

The Captain's Morgan! ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment