Saturday, November 5, 2011

5 Days In

Here it is that time of year again when I like to post something I am grateful about each day....and for some reason I haven't posted yet and we are already 5 days into the month. I have been thinking about what I would like to post about...I am grateful for so many things...but I don't want to make this a repeat of last years list or even of the year before so because I was doing so much "thinking" about what I was grateful for I kind of froze. I once heard that "Analysis is Paralysis" so I decided I had better just stop analyzing and start posting.

So let me see if I can get up to speed here with 5 things I am grateful for in one post. Hopefully the rest of the month I will do better.

1. First off I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be creative in my studio almost     daily. I haven't done a lot of creating the last week or so but I am grateful for what I have come up with. I have kind of been in a "layout" slump. I have several sitting here waiting to be "finished". But I have started my December Daily album which I am super excited about and I have managed to make a few cards which I don't usually do so I guess it's good to change it up a bit once in a while.

2. Going along with my post on Halloween.....I am really grateful for my home and the neighborhood in which we live. It's quiet and we have wonderful neighbors.

3. I am grateful for the sound of laughter in my home. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving when I will have my whole family here...I love to listen to them laugh.

4. I am grateful that I have always had a desire to take pictures. I am not a super photographer...but I am so grateful that I have the photographs that I do. My children don't understand how important it is for me to capture the memories and the moments. They often don't want to have their pictures taken but a photo can freeze a moment in time forever. I am so grateful that I have lots of photos of not only my parents but my grandparents as well. It helps me feel connected.

5. Today especially I am grateful that I have a job with benefits....sick pay to be exact. As I stood at the door at work today and gradually started to feel worse and worse...I was grateful that not only did our terrific board runner, Gabe, find a replacement for me but that I had the sick time to get paid as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment