Sunday, September 9, 2012

"Lifting"

Love this photo I took of Jason
and I don't mean weights either....I love to "scrap-lift". When I first started scrapbooking 16 years ago there wasn't a lot of inspiration out there....a magazine or two and that was about it. I found that after a while...my "style" (and I use that term VERY loosely) was all beginning to look alike. Then a fellow scrappy friend taught me to look at the design of a layout and change the papers and embellishments but keep the basic design, and make it your own. A whole new world was opened up to me. I took a layout that had basketball pictures on it and turned it into a Christmas layout. Of course I really am able to scrapbook without lifting but it's just nice when I feel like I am getting in a rut or if I want to scrap something in a hurry and need a jumping off place. I also LOVE sketches. They are another way to start a layout. There are many sketch sites on the web. The layout that I am posting today came from a sketch from "Let's Capture These Sketches" It was a really basic sketch but one of their designers did a page that totally drew me in....so I used a combination of the sketch, and her layout and voila....my newest layout was born. I love this photo of Jason. I think perhaps this could be my new favorite layout....only until I create another one...haha.

 Along those lines, I saw the absolute cutest mini book made from Teresa Collins Vintage Finds bingo card paper. Made by Yvonne Blair, one of Teresa's designers....even though I had already made a mini to take to my reunion I decided to make another one....I made it in an evening and I just love it. It's perfect to put in my handbag for the night so I can show off my family in style.  So thank you everyone for all the inspiration you put out there on the internet....it feeds my creativity and helps me document my families memories one page at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you explained how you scrapbook. I like how you used the twine! Nice photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...you are so sweet! So glad you found inspiration and made it your own...that is what it is all about!!! Hugs and enjoy your family reunions!!!

    ReplyDelete