Monday, November 15, 2010

Mom x 2

Today I thought I would take a minute and post about how grateful I am for a very special woman in my life. I actually have two special women to talk about but I am going to save the other one for tomorrow....so stay tuned. =)  For those of you who might not know....Cliff and I, for whatever reason couldn't have any children. We  made the decision to adopt 22 years ago last month. At that time we were told that there are three ways you can become part of a family...you can be born into a family, you can marry into a family, or you can be adopted into a family. What a blessing adoption is for all parties concerned. It has been an amazing journey and I am so grateful that we chose this route. I will be FOREVER GRATEFUL to both of my children's birth mothers. To sacrifice, the way they have, so that we could be a family amazes me to this day.

Today I would like to introduce you to Laurie....she is Jason's birth Mom....what a wonderful lady she is. She and I have remained close over the years. We talk on the phone occasionally, I try to send cards and photos every once in a while....tho I must say I haven't always been the best at it. With the introduction of facebook we have also been able to keep in touch with Jason's sister and niece. Most people don't quite understand how we can have a relationship like this but it works for us and has truly been a blessing and I am grateful for it.
So today I am grateful for family....of all kinds.








Jason with Laurie, Mckenna and Me back in 2005

1 comment: